Please read the Rules. This is an unsupported route. You need to be self-sufficient and are solely responsible for your actions.
The classic Tronsen Ridge / Devil’s Gulch loop just got bigger: by starting near Blewett Pass. This also means less driving if you are coming from the Seattle side. You’ll warm up by climbing a gravel road with great views of the Cascades. The first opportunity for single track is the Table Mountain trail, which you’ll ride via a couple other trails to the main event: the rowdy descent on Tronsen Ridge trail. A few punchy climbs will keep you warm here before it’s all smooth sailing down Red Hill trail. Afterwards, Red Devil and Devil’s Gulch will bring you back up to the ridge. From there, you’ll ride along the edge of the Mission Creek drainage on the Liberty Beehive gravel road. This small road with big views takes you to the last single track of the day: hike-a-biking up Mount Lillian which marks the highest point of the ride at 6100 ft. Unfortunately, the top is covered in trees, but a couple hundred feet down on your right is a meadow with an excellent view point. The Mount Lillian single track downhill is a bit rough, but nothing like Tronsen Ridge. Afterwards, you’ll head (mostly) down on gravel roads back to the start/finish, skipping the single track section from the beginning of the ride.
Cancelled due to forecast for cold weather and rain
Saturday, 18 June, 2016, 9 am
Anticipated finishing times: 8-12 hours
Start/Finish is at the Swauk Forest Discovery Trailhead near Blewett Pass. Parking requires a NW Forest Pass.
56 miles (31 miles single track, the rest is dirt & gravel)
10,500 ft. elevation gain
Ride with GPS link to gpx track file
– Go on Export, then select TCS, GPX, or KML file format.
– No warranty, express or implied, use at your own discretion.
– Test that the file loaded correctly on your GPS device before attempting to ride.
– Do not rely solely on the track file. Bring maps and know how to use them.
- Take NF-9716 south to NF-9712. Take a left, go up and over the ridge
- Continue on NF-9712 to the first trail: Table Mountain trail
- Go up Table Mountain trail and continue onto a brief section of Mount Lillian trail
- Merge on Upper Naneum 4×4 trail going north, and after a sharp right, watch out for Tronsen Ridge trail on your left.
- Go down Tronsen Ridge and at 1st intersection go right on Red Hill trail.
- Stay left on Red Hill trail at the intersection with Red Hill Spur trail
- The northern end of Red Hill trail turns into Red Devil trail
- Take Red Devil trail going south, then continue on Devil’s Gulch trail going up (south).
- Once up on the saddle and at the intersection with Mission Ridge trail, stay left on Devil’s Gulch trail
- Ride Devil’s Gulch to the Liberty Beehive Rd. and take a right
- Ride Liberty Beehive Rd. heading west. Watch out for small trail sign for Mount Lillian trail.
- Take Mount Lillian trail to the top and down, then merge left onto Upper Naneum trail (you may not notice when you merge)
- At the intersection with the Liberty Beehive Rd. stay right and follow the gravel roads back to the Start/Finish.
Water / resupply points
A lot of water is flowing in Mission Creek (along the Devil’s Gulch Trail). Naneum creek also tends to flow pretty well. No other sure resupply points are along route.
Bring some food, beverages and folding chairs for a post-ride gathering in the parking lot (the start/finish).
By signing up for a ride you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with this activity, and freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards, and further agree to release and discharge the Washington Endurance Series website maintainers against any and all liability arising from your participation in the activities.
If you have questions, use the comment field below.
No more than 74 people may ride according to the National Forest Service regulations.
As of 6-13, 4 people are signed up. Please register only once. The only confirmation that you will get will be the message “Thanks, your response has been recorded.” You will not get a link to see who else is signed up. You will also not get an emailed confirmation. If you need to make changes, fill out the form again and edit your Action.